of fish and friends

We like to get there. We're always in a hurry. But sometimes this time of year, we get stopped in a traffic jam. Just want to point out there is big progress in Texas with car wheels instead of wooden-spoked wagon wheels. It must makes a big difference in those cross-country treks. I must say this was a bit of an unusual site. Usually it is a train of Harleys that might slow us down.


So that was a nice pause in the trip to the farm. But the fish were calling. Here are our good friends, Cathy and Mark, and the first prize of the afternoon. I shot my mouth off about being a good fisherwoman and didn't catch a thing. Of course, I was busy rescuing a baby kitty stuck in the water fountain and cooking the KFC bucket. And Mike was too busy pulling 'em out to pause for a photo op. (he wished) Okay, Mark. You did win. I concede.


See Abby run. Oh the smells, the cows, the open fields! Happy dog!



Sniff, sniff. Happy, happy dog.


Whew. Check out that long drippy tongue. It's a busy day for canines. Soon it's nap time on the patio and a sleepy trip back home. Nothing like a day in the country to clear the mind and breathe a little deeper.